the company Pompes Groclaude
POMPES GROSCLAUDE has been recognised in the French market as the specialist in small-series and customised pump manufacturing since the mid-1960s
Our company has built our reputation based on the reliability and durability of our pumps. In fact, we still respond positively to requests for parts on equipment that was delivered, installed and commissioned over 40 years ago.
POMPES GROSCLAUDE is always in search of solutions, and we specialise in the most complex industrial applications (corrosive, abrasive or dangerous liquids; very-high or very-low temperature fluids; etc.).
Today, POMPES GROSCLAUDE pumps are largely known for their durability and hydrodynamic qualities. Our pumps are used by all the big chemical, fine chemical, agri-food, pharmaceutical, weapon and nuclear companies in France and around the world.
The range of POMPES GROSCLAUDE pumps cover a majority of ATEX or non-ATEX applications.
Our centrifugal pumps on base plates are manufactured in two factories:
• Those manufactured in France are low flow pumps (≤ 100 m3/h), in stainless steel or other metals (Uranus B6, Hastelloy C-276, titanium, etc.) mono- and multi-stage, with open or semi-open impellers that allow operation over a large flow range for areas close to cavitation and with the potential presence of particulates.
• In addition, we have set up a partnership with FIP for the manufacturing of standardised pumps (ISO 2858 et ISO 5199), and to respond to the constraints of market globalisation making single or small series manufacturing difficult for European SMBs.
Our large range of monoblock pumps designed according to the adaptations of our customers' specific needs:
• A range corresponding to classic usage proposing metalwork adapted to different applications (cast iron, stainless steel, Uranus B6, Hastelloy C-276, and titanium) and rounded out using tightness adapted to the different specifications (packing, mechanical seals, magnetic coupling or specific assemblies).
• Specific ranges adapted to the conveying of heat-transfer fluids (with operating temperatures from -110°C to +420°C), all while maintaining the possibility of choosing between tightness using mechanical seal or magnetic coupling.
Our customised centrifugal pumps adapted to specific requirements:
• Retrofitting on obsolete pumps
• Submerged or external vertical pumps with long shaft
• Pump skid integrating various components (trolley, frequency driver, filters, etc.)
• Pumps adapted to non-standard use :
- Corrosive, harmful or abrasive fluids
- Static pressure or extreme temperatures
- Use needing recurring maintenance
- Vacuum extraction of liquids close to their steam pressure...
In order to be in harmony with our product and marketing approach, POMPES GROSCLAUDE has based our development on internalising our human means and design office to be able to manufacture single or small series centrifugal pumps. Our design office uses 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (Solid Edge) modelling to create pumps according to specifications defined together with our customers. Our staff members working in the design office have more than 50 years cumulative experience on the use and manufacturing of centrifugal pumps. They knew how to build on this to forge the necessary technical and IT skills through simulation and scaling tools developed in-house.
Here are several key moments in our company's history:
- 1950: Mr. René Grosclaude creates his "hydraulic material" company with two business activities (mechanical and manufacturing)
- 1960: "Etablissements R. Grosclaude" is established for to market Farget pumps and circulator pumps; creation of the first stainless steel pumps
- 1968 : Jean-Pierre Grosclaude takes over the company and develops the manufacturing of stainless steel pumps for the chemical industry
- 1970: The company moves to Decine, France, with a workforce of 5 employees.
- 1992: Construction of a site in Bron, France. Our workforce is now at 17 employees.
- 1997: Purchase of POMPES GROSCLAUDE by the Italian company FindeR.
- Feb. 2009: POMPES GROSCLAUDE becomes an independent company once again after being purchased by Sander van Langen
What is remarkable in our current structure is that the employees in the production, scheduling and design offices all have over 15 years of service within the company. This allows high guarantee of repeatability and traceability for the products developed since our company started.
Our owner, Sander van Langen, is a graduate of the engineering school ICPI (now CPE) in Lyon, France. He held several different technical, sales and managerial positions until 2009, when he had the opportunity to buy POMPES GROSCLAUDE in the hopes of developing a durable company.
Historically, POMPES GROSCLAUDE was located in the region near Lyon, which is traditionally the centre of the French chemical sector. We are still here, even if the chemical sector is less dynamic in this area as in the past. Our current location is centralised and allows us to easily cover France, especially through modern transport means (direct access to Motorways A6, A7 and A43; the Bron and St. Exupery Airports are both within 15 minutes; and the high-speed train arriving in Lyon is 20 minutes away).
Currently, we are located in one single building bought in 2012, and we have all the in-house means necessary for designing, manufacturing and marketing:
- 700 m2 workshop with a 4-tonne overhead bridge crane
- 300 m2 office space divided into :
• Design and engineering support
• Production and supply
• Sales and administration
Are main customers are in a wide variety of fields (chemical, fine chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, plant extracts, and engineering companies within the nuclear industry in particular), including Sanofi, Merck, Pierre Fabre, Naturex, Arkema, BASF, the CERN and the CEA.
Since became independent in 2009, our company has only had constantly increasing positive turnover, even within the current complex economic situation.
Within its framework of development, POMPES GROSCLAUDE, which remains a SMB with less than 10 employees, needs to be able to propose standardised pumps at competitive prices on the international market, in addition to the pumps we manufacture ourselves. This range of centrifugal pumps, manufactured by FIP, initially considered just an addition to our line, is beginning progressively to be an opportunity for development:
• The adaptation of the existing hydraulics standardised to specific requirements (in partnership with another French company; two magnetic coupling centrifugal pumps in which we have eliminated energy waste due to eddy currents).
• Finalisation of manufacturing, and in particular customisation and bringing the pumps into compliance according to explicit specifications or French standardisation requirements.
POMPES GROSCLAUDE - Parc du Chêne - 29 Rue du 35éme Régiment d‘Aviation - 69500 Bron - France
Tél. (33)4 72 37 94 00 - Fax: (33)4 72 37 94 01
Company created for the acquisition of business assets
ID number: 509 666 400 R.C.S. LYON
VAT number: FR46509666400
Registration date: 30 December 2008
Legal status of business: Société par Actions Simplifiée (French simplified joint stock company)
Capital: 100 000 €
Headquarters: 29 Rue du 35éme Régiment d‘Aviation - 69 500 BRON - FRANCE
End of fiscal year: 31 December
Majority shareholder: Sander van Langen (more than 90%)
SARL VINIPINK - 119 chemin de la Chapelle St Thomas, 13940 Mollégès - France (www.vinipink.fr)
SAS OVH - 2 rue Kellermann - 59100 Roubaix - France (www.ovh.com)
Publication director: Sander van Langen